HAGGARDS ON HILLDROPAdd to Favourites
About Haggards on Hilldrop
Rich with Industrial Diversity, Newcastle attracts mostly Corporate Clientele. Ideally situated between Gauteng, Durban, the Kruger National Park and the Drakensberg.
As the Original Farmhouse of Sir Rider Haggard, Author of “King Solomon’s Mines”, our Establishment is nestled at the foothill of the Hilldrop Rocky Range.
Built in 1875 and the focal point of our Bed & Breakfast, many a Corporate and Holiday Visitor has shared the history hereof since 29 July 1995.
Our 3 Hectare Indigenous Forest hosts an array of birdlife which surrounds the Honesty Bar and Swimming Pool.
The Braai Lapa is available for private use and a favourite meeting place.
- 4KM FROM CITY CENTRE
- 2KM FROM HEALTH CLUB
- HISTORICAL MONUMENTS
- 1KM FROM BLACKROCK CASINO
- 2KM FROM NEWCASTLE MALL
- 30 MINUTES TO BATTLEFIELDS
- 5 KM FROM NEWCASTLE AIRPORT
- 8 KM FROM NEWCASTLE GOLF CLUB
- 80 KM FROM THE BIG 5 / NAMBITI GAME PARK
- 25 KM TO NTSHINGWAYO DAM / PARKS BOARD
Our rooms are inviting with crisp poly-percale linen enhanced by the rich colours of Persian and Kelim carpets.
Each Bedroom walks onto a patio or balcony with Garden or Forest views.
Secure parking on premises for each room makes unpacking a breeze.
- En-suite Bathroom
- Desk / Workspace
- Poly-Percale Linen
- Double / King / Twin Beds
- Private Entrance / Balcony
- Coffee / Tea / Hot Chocolate
- TV with DSTV Hotel Package
Whether you choose the comfort and privacy of our beautiful rooms or to relax on your verandah or at our Pool, we can assure you will enjoy your stay with us.
Facilities available to our Guests include:
- Outdoor Pool
- Wireless Internet
- Laundry on Request
- Honesty Bar / Pool Table
- Secure Parking at all Rooms
- Breakfast Served 7 Days a Week
- Dinner Served by Arrangement Only
Electronic Entrance to Premises for Security
Generator Back-up from 5:30am to 22:00pm
15 Hilldrop Road, Newcastle, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa