Canefields Country HotelAdd to Favourites
A traditional sugar cane mansion converted into a homely country hotel. Set in the tranquil surroundings and rolling hills of a sugar cane estate Canefields is conveniently located just off the N2, 5km outside of Empangeni, Zululand, Kwa-Zulu Natal North Coast. A mere hour and a half drive from Durban, half way on route to Hluhluwe, Mkuze and St. Lucia.
Canefields Country House offers:
- Convenient location equidistant to Durban, Hluhluwe, Mkuze and St. Lucia
- Three star accommodation for up to 108 guests
- Quiet, country restaurant offering scrumptious breakfasts, lunches and dinners
- Tranquil outdoor terrace area and ladies bar providing a relaxing atmosphere for sundowners or a few drinks with friends beside the pool
- Four conference venues providing flexible, stress free, productive seminars for up to 450 delegates
- Wide open spaces and grass perks for team building activities
- Large, versatile, fully air-conditioned function hall , which can seat up to 250 guests banqueting style including a dance floor
- Our unique "Bushveld Boma" is a nice alternative feature offering a traditional bonfire and open fire fare
- Quaint outdoor country wedding setting with a function venue seating up to 250 guests banqueting style
- Romantic honeymoon suite consisting of exquisite furnishings overlooking the vast expanse of the property
- Efficient friendly staff who pride themselves on personal service
Set in tranquil and beautiful surroundings, the main building houses six double en-suite rooms, each with their own furnishings and character.
In addition to this our Garden Cottages maintain this unique feature, offering homely comforts in a relaxing, private atmosphere.
Our newly completed accommodation block offers the same comforts our guests have become accustomed to with modern fittings and features.
Room facilities include:
- En-suite bathrooms
- Tea and coffee making facilities
- Guest amenities
- Linen and towels
- Ceiling fans
- Laundry service
- Hairdryers on request
- Limited room service
We also offer a variety of traditional dishes in "The Cane Cutters" restaurant and "The Mill & Rail Tavern"; our ladies bar offers light lunches in a relaxing atmosphere.
Our tranquil outdoor terrace by the pool provides a unique alternative and a wonderful atmosphere for sundowners or a candle lit dinner outside under the stars.
Boasting four conference venues Canefields offers exciting, versatile packages for functions of all sizes, with no group being too small.
“The Siding” conference and function centre can seat up to 600 delegates/guests in air-conditioned comfort, but can also be easily partitioned into a smaller more intimate venue for that special occasion or management meeting.
The country gardens and open grass perks create an ideal setting for quiet, productive, stress free seminars and team building activities.
Functions can be held in our large, versatile, fully air-conditioned hall , which can seat up to 400 guests banqueting style, including a dance floor. This however, can be partitioned off into a smaller, more intimate venue for a more private event.
Please contact us for more information on our latest packages and menus which are compiled as guidelines, however we are happy to advise and quote on variations or combinations thereof.
Our unique "Bushveld Boma" is a nice alternative feature offering a traditional bonfire and open fire fare. A host of braai and spit-braai menus are available for corporate and private functions
Canefields offers couples an opportunity to begin their marriage in harmonious bliss with romantic weddings on our terrace or in our function hall.
The “Honeymoon Suite” consists of exquisite furnishings, king size four poster bed, large shower, corner bathtub and private balcony overlooking the expanse of property, and can best be described as the perfect end to a perfect day.
Empangeni,KwaZulu Natal, South Africa