MOOIKRANS EQUUSAdd to Favourites
An educational and training institution which offers a broad spectrum of programmes and activities for schools and groups.
Mooikrans is known for its horses’ who leave deep impressions in the hearts and minds of staff and visitors alike. It also serves as a holiday destination for children, adults and families, and provides training and conference facilities to corporate groups.
Mooikrans Equus owner, Elna Wahl, exchanged her career as a teacher to establish a therapeutic horse riding school on the farm Mooigelegen. In due course, children started staying over weekends for horseback riding and even later they could also attend camps during school holidays.
We are rooted in the Christian faith and the staff are well trained to adhere to Mooikrans Equus’ standards and code of ethics, thereby living up to its true values and principles.
EDUCATIONAL SCHOOL CAMPS
Mooikrans Equus Educational and Training Institute is known for its camps which offer a high standard and quality for learners. A unique programme tailored to each group's needs and requirements is compiled to ensure maximum outcome.
EDUCATIONAL CAMPS FOR GROUPS AND SCHOOLS
- Field Schools – Schools often visit Mooikrans Equus as an alternative to the traditional field school mindset. Themes are offered by Mooikrans staff and always include a practical component to make a lasting impression on each pupil.
- Leader Camps offer children the opportunity to discover their leadership potential and build upon it. This includes the development of self-confidence, responsibility, communication skills, problem solving, crisis management and dealing with criticism.
- Team building camps for already chosen leaders of schools focus on such topics as ‘what does my school expect of me’, planning methodology for projects and functions, cooperation in groups and motivation of fellow scholars.
- Voortrekkers can obtain special insignia at Mooikrans in the Anglo Boer War, field cooking, knowledge of animals, farm life, horsemanship, astronomy and many others.
- During Land Service camps, children can improve their knowledge of nature by studying the variety of grasses, wild plants and wild species on the approximate 4,000 hectares on which Mooikrans lies.
- Church youth camps and Father and son or Mother and daughter weekends are also often held.
Come and enjoy a family weekend in the beautiful nature of Mpumalanga. Spend quality time with your loved ones in an informal way and with a relaxed farm atmosphere.
- Horseback riding
- Introduction to ‘Western' horsemanship
- Horseback trail rides into the veld
- Clay stick playing
- Swimming in the farm dam
- Target shooting
- Hiking trails
- Feeding farm animals
Rates include accommodation, three meals a day and all activities. Bedding is required.
Amersfoort, Mpumalanga, South Africa, 2490